White Chocolate Fudge With Dark Chocolate Crumb. Hello everyone, I hope you are well. In today’s post, I will be sharing a White Chocolate Fudge With Dark Chocolate Crumb recipe from Brighton’s Kindling Restaurant’s Chef Holly Taylor. Created by Chef Holly Taylor, this is Kindling’s signature petit-four, but it also makes an excellent Mother’s Day gift. Sweet, creamy and soft this fudge is perfect with a cup of coffee or espresso martini.
White Chocolate Fudge With Dark Chocolate Crumb
This is Kindling’s signature petit four, but it also makes an excellent Mother’s Day gift. Sweet, creamy and soft this fudge is perfect with a cup
of coffee or espresso martini.
To make the dark chocolate crumb:
- 30g water
- 125g sugar
- 60g dark chocolate
- Put the water and sugar in a pan and cook to 168C, checking the temperature with a thermometer suitable for high temperatures.
- Remove from the heat stir in chocolate to create the soil.
- Cool on a baking paper-lined tray then chops to a medium crumb.
To make the fudge:
- 500g of caster sugar
- 150g of glucose syrup
- 280g of double cream
- 330g of white chocolate, chopped
- 75g of butter
- Line an 8-inch cake tin with non-stick paper.
- Place the sugar, glucose syrup and double cream in a large saucepan over medium heat—cook whilst stirring to a temperature of 114C. Be careful not to heat the mixture too strongly because it can bubble and spit. Be patient, heat it steadily and keep stirring at all times.
- Once the mixture is at the correct temperature, please remove it from the heat and add the butter and chopped white chocolate. Stir well until everything is melted together. If the mixture is a little stiff, you might want to return it to the heat for a few seconds to ensure it is liquid enough to pour into your tin.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and immediately sprinkle the top with the chocolate soil.
- Allow to cool at room temperature, wrap the tin in clingfilm and chill overnight in the fridge.
- The fudge is easiest to cut when cold and should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
I hope you enjoyed that.
Recipe from Kindling Restaurant, Brighton:
Kindling Restaurant in Brighton is about more than just the delicious food, and it is a community of people: staff, customers and suppliers all sharing and celebrating food and knowledge. Nature writes the menu as the seasons inspire the food. Kindling is featured in the Michelin Guide 2021 and is a member of the Sustainable Restaurants Association.
Social Media Details
Images Credits: Jo Hunt, Restaurants Brighton.
Instagram: Photo credit: @jphuntphoto
Facebook: Photo credit: @JoHuntPhotography