Celebrate A Decade With Me. Hey everyone, I hope you are well. In this post, I want to you guys celebrate a decade with me. My life in the past decade has not been a great one. I honestly feel like I have spent the last decade fighting for my life. Trust me it was not an easy journey but I made it. And for the first time ever in my life, I feel I am now at a pace where I can comfortably say I am in a truly happy place in my life.
Celebrate A Decade With Me
- My little sister was born
- I got my first ever Apartment
- College – Social Science
- Joined Nation Union For Students.
- Elected as Black Disabled Student Representatives in For Natation Union For Students U.K (NUS)
- Got Engaged
- Got My First Job
- Met the man of my dreams and my Life changed Forever
- Got Pregnant
- My HIV Diagnosis
- Became undetectable
- Gave birth to my daughter
- Moved to another apartment
- Life turned dark
- Suicide attempt
- Got me together
- Applied for a college course
- Successfully completed 1st year at college
- Got my Job back with Sainsbury’s
- Quit my job due to no childcare as my mum went on holidays.
- Started blogging – Life With Sonia
- Successfully completed 2nd year at college
- Took my blog seriously
- Got Accepted to HNC Administration at college – Dropped out
- Went to Nigeria for the first time in 15 years
- My daughter started Primary School
- I got My dream Job
- Got A New Apartment
Wow, what a decade of ups and downs it has been. To be honest, the decade has been all about growth. Do I have any regret? No! I believe everything that has happened to me, was not my fault! I think the only thing I did wrong was being the ‘Good Girl’ all the time. You know the respectful one, who is navie sometimes, always smiling and happy and joyful. And yeah, I was blind to how the world really does work. I thought everything was nice all the time, but people just kept taking advantages.
Oh well, there’s nothing we can do about the past. We have entered a new decade 2020, so best to look to the future and learn from the mistakes. We should learn to forgive and forget about the past. At the end of the day, the past was just a percentage of your future.